Zambia Wildlife Authority-ZAWASociety — Government organization
|About||Protecting and conserving Zambia's wildlife estates and improving the quality of life among communities & maintenance of sustainable biodiversity.|
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ZAWA PAGE.
The Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) is governed by the Zambia Wildlife Act, No. 12 of 1998 and has its own Board of Directors. The Board are responsible for managing the Authority under the policy guidance of the Ministry of Tourism, Environment and Natural Resources. The primary objectives of ZAWA are:
1. To protect and conserve Zambia's wildlife and improve the quality of the life among communities in the wildlife estates.
2. Maintenance of sustainable biodiversity in national parks and game management areas.
3. To reverse the decline in wildlife resources.
4. To improve wildlife resource management to a level which will secure sustainable flow of benefits from the resources; and
5. To considerably improve the wildlife resource base investment in co-operation with the private sector and local communities.
ZAWA has a significant role to play in the economic development of Zambia and its economic realization will significantly contribute to the GDP of Zambia.
The following are among Zambia's noteble National Parks:
Kafue National Park (KNP)
South Luangwa National Park
Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
Liuwa National Park
Lusaka National Park
Lower Zambezi National Park
North Lungwa National Park
Lukusuzi National Park
Nyika National Park
|Mission||To contribute to the preservation of Zambia|
|Phone||260 211 278 482|