Pilates UptownSport — Sports / recreation / activities
|About||Fully equipped Pilates Studio in Kifissia|
Pilates Uptown opened its doors in March 2013 and since then it has become the hang out place for those who are Pilates fans!
The studio was created by Michaela Mefalopoulos with a lot of passion and a vision of creating a studio that will offer highly specialized sessions making Pilates a new way of living for those who join her studio.
Pilates Uptown is a cozy and elegant studio located in the northern suburbs of Athens in Kifissia, in a place with easy access and parking, for the convenience of its visitors.The studio is fully equipped and the first to bring the Allegro 2 Reformer (Balanced Body).
The studio offers solo sessions, duet sessions and small groups sessions of maximum 4 people. This way Michaela devotes all her attention on each individual in order to help her students obtain the wonderful results that Pilates can generate.
Session are offered in Greek, English and Italian.
Michaela is a certified Pilates instructor and a Founding Member of the Greek Pilates Association. She has a long experience in teaching and constantly attends seminars and workshops by Pilates Master Trainers, such as Rael Isacowitz, Richard Orbach, Alan Herdman, Lynne Robinson, Lolita San Miguel and others.
Michaela Mefalopoulos is highly trained in:
- aiding people with spinal problems: lordosis, kyphosis, scoliosis
and/or in their joints: knees, hips, shoulders etc.
- working with people with osteoporosis and senior citizens
- restoration of correct and balanced muscle strengthening and
- aiding in the period of convalescence after a trauma or surgery
- working with women during pregnancy and post pregnancy
- undertaking the demanding workout needs of dancers, actors,
- teaching all Physical Aspects of positions such as Walking, Standing
Stretching, Bending and Lifting
- developing a Healthy, Well-Shaped and Toned Body