Gandhi Institute of Engineering & Technology(GIET),GunupurSociety — Education
|About||Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology (GIET) is an engineering college located in Gunupur, in the state of Orissa, India. It was established in 1997.|
Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology (GIET) is an engineering college located in Gunupur, in the state of Orissa, India. It was established in 1997 with the approval of AICTE and Government of Orissa affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology. It has applied for Deemed university status. GIET is a ISO 9000:2000 Certified institute for quality education.
The institute has NBA Accreditation, which has accredited only 5% of the engineering colleges of the country on the basis of their education and infrastructure, and also accredited by NAAC "A" certificate.
· Highest placement record. 2001 batch-68.5%, 2002 batch-72%, 2003 batch-76.1%, 2004 batch-83%, 2005 batch –86%. 2006 batch-89.6%, 2007 batch - 90%, 2008 batch-92%, 2009 batch-94.28%,2010 batch -95.52%, 2011 batch-94.92%,2012 batch-95%(Target)
· Rich university results. An average of 91%. Out of best ten in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004, 2005, 2006; GIET Gunupur has bagged 6, 6, 4, 5, 8 and 6 positions respectively in final B.E examination of Berhampur University.
· Accredited (A Grade)by NAAC, (UGC) and certified by ISO 9001:2000 for high quality education.
· Campus wide OFC & Wireless Networked Including all Hostels. (even town hostels)
·10 x 2 MBPS Internet, of Reliance & BSNL for uninterrupted Internet connectivity
· Attractive campus built aesthetically over 62 acres, each building with rare architectural marvel with an international ambience.
· Rich infrastructure with 50 laboratories, state of the art workshops.
· A band of 262 rich faculty, fully experienced with proven records, drawn from premier institutions of India and abroad.
· 19 high end computer labs with upto state confrigurations.
· 100% ragging free and highly disciplined environment with zero loss of working days.
· 24 hours open Air conditioned library with 65,667 books, 46 International Journals, 66 National Journals, 2350 Online Journals through Indset (AICTE), 49 Magazines, 18 newspapers including Bengali & Telugu, with massive reading hall.
· Regular national seminars, workshops, coaching for personality development, spoken English, advanced computer languages, GATE etc.
· Five track National standard Swimming Pool Separate playgrounds for Football, Cricket, Basketball, Volley Ball, Badminton etc.
· A royally massive students’ centre consisting of Restaurant, Gym, Book Store, STD centre, Music Club, Health Club and Indoor Games.
· 7 auditoriums with modern gadgets, for seminars, workshops, cultural and entertainment programmes.
· 20 acres of lavish garden and lush green lawn with a well stocked cool and snacks parlor.
· Three physicians for free treatment of the students and two in-campus Allopathic & Homeopathic Dispensaries.
· A fleet of 25 buses, one with all India study tour permit for study tours.
· Managed by hardcore educationalists who have established multiple Engineering, MBA, MCA, Dental Colleges, Hospitals, Colleges and Schools.
· 25 hostels for boys and 10 for girls with in-house 14 welfare officers/matrons.
|Mission||To provide quality education of international standards for producing technocrats and future leaders in a disciplined and conducive environment is an integral part of our social commitment to provoke education in Eastern India.|