Education MauritiusSociety — Education
|About||We identify, create, and provide opportunities for choosing Mauritius as your higher education destination, the ultimate key to a promising future.|
The “Education Mauritius”, brand launched since 2013 is a Joint Venture of Exodus Educare and Karm Consultancy. We entered into JV to promote Study in Mauritius and provide opportunity to international students to take advantage of competitive costs of education, streamlined procedures, a part-time work scheme for international students and an unique lifestyle, making the island an attractive destination for higher education.
Profile of Exodus Educare: The education expert was established in 2009 in city of education & culture – Vadodara INDIA; with vision of providing quality education to students. Exodus’s group companies are in varied educational fields starting from schools, colleges and providing professional completive exam preparations. For more info visit www.exoduseducare.com
Profile of Karm Consultancy: India’s premier educational and immigration consultancy which has dominated the Student Visa & Immigration Visa Turf since 2003. In past 10 Years thousands of students and immigrants have successfully been placed to various highly reputed Universities/Colleges and immigrated to United Kingdom, European Union Countries, United States of America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. For more info visit www.karmconsultancy.com
The island provides you with a unique student experience coupled with the opportunity to work. Facilities like world class campuses, health facilities, fast track student visas, internships in leading companies while enjoying an exquisite lifestyle at the back drop of picturesque scenery are the few reasons why Mauritius is a favourite destination for higher education for the many foreign students on the island at present. The cosmopolitan crowd together with the genuine Mauritian hospitality will serve you an unforgettable experience in a safe and stable environment.
Boost your career prospects and earning potential with a plethora of internationally recognized value-for-money academic and professional qualifications:
• Obtain your student visa in Mauritius without any hassles
• Benefit from free transport (Subject to NTA Approval) and public health care services
• Acquire work experience while working up to 20 hours weekly
• Enjoy a decent quality of life as from only US $ 275 monthly
• Feel at home in a socially, economically and politically stable cosmopolitan Mauritian society that blends cultures from Europe, Africa and Asia
Education in Mauritius is managed by the Ministry of Education & Human Resources, which controls the development and administration of state schools funded by government, but also has an advisory and supervisory role in respect of private schools. The Tertiary education is maintained by the Ministry of Tertiary Education, Science, Research and Technology. The Mauritius Qualification Authority is the regulator of the technical and vocational education and training sector.
The education system in Mauritius is largely based on the British system since Mauritius was a former British colony. It consists of a 3+6+5+2 system of formal education. The education system in Mauritius is categorized into 4 main sectors – pre-primary, primary, secondary and tertiary.
LIFE IN MAURITIUS
A diverse range of leisure and recreational activities is available in Mauritius. From beach activities such as water sports, snorkelling and sailing, to nature-based activities such as hiking, quad biking and green strolls, to night clubs and pubs, Mauritius, as a study destination, has a lot to offer to cater to the different lifestyles of students during their free time. A variety of food is also available, including Mauritian cuisine, Indian, Chinese and continental food in many restaurants.
Some universities provide on-campus leisure facilities such as football grounds and multi-purpose gymnasium complex where a number of sports activities can be practiced. University campuses also have numerous clubs and societies, which provide an opportunity to socialize through student activities.
To study in Mauritius you'll need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from The Passport and Immigration Office, Mauritius.
There are a number of steps you must go through including:
• Deciding on your preferred course and institution.
• Submitting your application to the institution.
• Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer.
• Receiving your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
• Applying for your student visa.
There is a range of entry requirements that you will need to meet both for you institution application and your visa application. This can include:
• Academic requirements.
• English language requirements.
• Evidence of funds to support your study.
Application for Student Visa should be made to the Passport and Immigration Office by the respective tertiary educational institution or TVET institution where the student is enrolled Application for visa to follow practical training course which forms part of higher studies should be made directly to the Passport and Immigration Office by the trainee or by the receiving institution/enterprise in Mauritius.
Documents to be submitted for Student Visa:
• Form Application to Enter Mauritius duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
• Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant;
• Photocopy of the bio-data pages of the passport of the applicant;
• Original letter of admission in a recognized educational establishment or TVET institution
• Details of duration of the course and confirmation from the Tertiary Education Commission or Mauritius Qualifications Authority that the chosen course is a full time or part time.
• Documentary evidence of availability of funds or financial capacity to meet costs of study and stay in Mauritius.
• A medical certificate certifying that the applicant is not suffering from any contagious or infectious disease. A test for HIV, Hepatitis B and a chest X ray should be done at any private medical laboratory/clinic/hospital in Mauritius and the tests results and Chest X ray report should be submitted to the Passport and Immigration Office not later than one month after arrival.
An application for Student Visa is determined by the Passport and Immigration Office within 2 weeks of its date of submission, subject to it being complete and accompanied by appropriate supporting documents.
The Passport and Immigration Office notifies the outcome of the application to:
• The tertiary educational institution or TVET institution where the student is enrolled
• The receiving institution/enterprise where the trainee intends follow practical training course in Mauritius or the trainee as appropriate
The Passport and Immigration Office then issues permission for provisional entry permit valid for three months to the student to enable him/her to travel to Mauritius. In case the medical certificate issued in Mauritius certifies that the student is suffering from HIV, Hepatitis B or chest infection, his/her provisional entry permit would be cancelled and he/she would be required to leave Mauritius within two weeks. In case the medical certificate does not reveal any contagious or infectious disease, the Passport and Immigration Office will advise the student call at the Residence Permit Section for the issue of a Residence Permit for the duration of the study programme. At the beginning of each subsequent academic year, the educational institution should submit documentary evidence to the Passport and Immigration Office to confirm that the student is pursuing his studies under the same programme.
Please visit the following link for further details:
Internship programs are designed to allow foreign college and university students or recent graduates to come to the Mauritius to gain exposure to Mauritian culture and to receive hands-on experience in Mauritian business practices in their chosen occupational field.
Residence Permit (Trainee) Eligibility for Residence Permit to undergo practical training, industrial placement (Stage) or internship in respect of foreigners:
• A non-citizen intending to undergo practical training or industrial placement (stage) or internship with a view to enhancing his/her skills and experience should produce to the Passport and Immigration Office evidence of acceptance from relevant institution / enterprise in Mauritius.
• He / She should be holder of a degree.
• He / She should not be remunerated in Mauritius, but can receive stipend from the Host Company / Institute.
Please visit the following link for further details:
POST LANDING SERVICES:
We provides a complete range of post landing services to new Students and Interns in successfully settling down in Mauritius from all over the world. We have made this possible by leveraging our domain and business expertise and strategic alliances with leading service providers.