European Federation of Geologists
|About||The EUROPEAN FEDERATION OF GEOLOGISTS, EFG, is a non-governmental organization that was established in 1981 and includes today 21 national association members. It is the representative body for the geological profession in Europe.|
- To represent the geological profession in Europe
- To safeguard and promote the present and future interests of the geological profession in Europe.
- To promote best practice policies with regard to the responsible use of the Earth's natural resources.
- To establish policies concerning environmental matters such as protection and sustainability.
- Promote best practise standards and mobility by the award of the professional title of European Geologist (EurGeol) to geologists who have reached a high level of training and experience.
- Application of a binding Code of Ethics.
- Present dossiers and opinions to the European Commision on relevant geological issues.
- In conjuction with kindred international associations develop, publish and promulgate best practice codes and guidelines.
- The co-organisation of International Conferences on Professional Geology
|Phone||+32 2 788 76 31|