Sports Committee IMT ghaziabadSport — Sports league
|About||Sports Committee IMT Ghaziabad|
Sports committee (IMT Ghaziabad) official facebook page.
Sports has for long been considered the mainstay of muscle power. But the power of the mind that fuels those incredible sporting feats is no less potent and is a major factor contributing to success in dynamic corporate world. Given the highly competitive, results driven nature of the higher echelons of the sport and business worlds, there is huge potential for crossover learnings. Just like athletes business executives are equally concerned with the processes of stress management, leadership, high performing teams, one-to-one mentoring, and many other organizational issues. One can excel is corporate world by learning the mantra of controlling the controllable through sports as sports help in identifying and strengthening what is controllable, such as activation levels, concentration, emotions, and developing strategies to reduce concerns about things outside of personal control, such as team-mates, opponents, officials, the weather or the crowd.
Sports Committee at IMT uses sports as a learning medium in addition to academic curriculum and tries to inculcate various skills while having fun at the some time. The objective of Sports Committee is to help tomorrow's business leaders build characteristics such as
* Focus: A person who aims at nothing surely misses everything.
* Commitment: Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep.
* Mental Toughness: The mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.
* Confidence: If you think you can, you are right; if you think you cannot, you are still right.
* Distraction control: Any occurrence requiring undivided attention will be accompanied by an [equally] compelling distraction.
* Team Work: Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
* Consistency: Consistency is the foundation of virtue.
* Self-Motivation: Self-Motivation is a fuel for abundance efforts.